Hi I’m Yash Shah and welcome to my website!
I created this website to showcase some of my projects and skills which I feel a resume or LinkedIn profile may not be able to show well enough.
I got into programming because of my curious nature which made me get into a technical degree for my Bachelor’s way back in 2009. The ever-changing nature of today’s technical world still excites me to go and keep learning the infinitely possible languages and skill-sets required to be a successful developer.
Here are some highlights about my journey into development so far:
What I’ve learnt/used:
- Languages: Java, Liquid, YAML
- Web Design: HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, Bootstrap, Jekyll
- Back-end: PHP, phpMyAdmin, PDO class, SimpleXML, $_SESSION, DropPHP library
- Data: MySQL, MongoDB, JSON, XML, XPath, XQuery
- CMS: WordPress
- Version Control: SVN, Git
- Operating systems: MacOS, Windows, Linux/Unix, Android
- APIs: TMDb, Yelp, Google Maps, eBay Commerce Network, Dropbox
- Software/Tools: Visual Studio Code, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Sublime, Notepad++, Eclipse, Microsoft Office, etc.
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Information Technology
University of Mumbai
Mumbai, India | 2009 – 2013
Master of Science (M.S.) in Computer Science
University of Texas at Arlington
Arlington, Texas | 2015 – 2017
Software Engineer (Consultant)
Walmart Labs (https://www.walmartlabs.com/) | November 2017 – Present
- Responsible for creation of testarmada.io, a self-updating documentation portal as a Node application.
- Created using NodeJS, the app clones and performs pulls on documentation pushed to GitHub and generates a portal with Jekyll at its core.
- The portal is self-updating, has built-in syntax highlighting, unique support for FAQs and training, site-wide search, etc.
- It is designed to be flexible enough to plug into any team’s documentation and is heavily customizable by use of a single JSON config file.
- The application supports multiple deployment methods – local server for testing, GitHub pages or any hosting environment that supports Node or Docker or static sites.
MRCC Solutions (http://www.mrccsolutions.com/) | April 2014 – July 2015
- Developed web applications and worked on rapid development tools for eLearning domain.
- Developed interactive solutions (Drag & Drops, Drop-downs, Text entry, etc.) and a fully cross-platform HTML5 video player which increased project inflow by around 30%
- Common issues resolved: Flash to HTML5 conversion for mobile devices, responsive websites.
- Involved in activities such as requirement analysis, documentation, preparing estimates, client calls/meetings, conducting interviews, etc.
Web Design Executive
Majors Group (http://www.majorsgroup.com/)| July 2013 – April 2014
- Developed several websites, including responsive websites for various clients in different industries.
- Obtained critical knowledge useful for good design, SEO practices, coding standards, etc.
- Common issues resolved: Reducing website package sizes, writing better scripts to enable better server performance and reduce loading times.